So you get engaged, but you aren’t sure whether or not you want an engagement session. And, I totally get not being able to do them sometimes because of being out of the area or work schedules conflict with dates available. I totally hate when you read articles about what to do and people say you have to do that one thing no matter what. This is not that.
I do love engagement sessions. They can be really amazing and wonderful. They are so much fun and I love to be able to spend a little time with my couples. There are so many reasons why you should have an engagement session. Here are just a few of them:
- Get to know your photographer and the way they shoot. This will make it much more relaxed on the day of the wedding, because you will know what to expect. I am more of a sit back and watch kind of photographer. I will give certain prompts here and there, but the majority of the time, I try to pull out the real you in my images. I want to capture you both how you are together.
- You will have images for your announcement and wedding website. It’s so great to be able to share images of you two together for a save-the-date or on your site. Your out-of-town guests who don’t really know your significant other will be able to see you two together and kind of get to know you through the images.
- Enjoy some lovey time together. You get to hug, laugh, squeeze, and kiss each other. Seriously, it’s FUN!
- See something new. There are so many amazing locations around here. From mountains to cities, to waterfalls and lakes. There is something for everyone to see. We are big into hiking and love going to all the big hiking areas for sessions. Most of the time, it’s our couples first time at the locations so it’s kind of like being a tour guide.
- It’s another moment to remember. I love being able to create memorable experiences for my couples and this is just another way to do that. After an hour of trekking through a beautiful forest and loving on each other, I know it’s always going to be a time that will be remembered.
So really it all comes down to whether or not you feel like you want these things. Whether it works with your schedule and whether you both really feel like you want to explore together!
Now booking limited 2018 dates and 2019 dates for weddings and elopements. Contact me for more information! (we travel!)